Saturday, February 9, 2013
Registration- 7:00 - 8:30 AM
10K Race Start- 8:45 AM
5K Race Start- 9:00 AM
Elm Street Park
Fees & Registration
- Early registration fees (by Jan 26):
- 5K- $15 individuals; $25 couples
- 10K- $18 individuals; $30 couples
- Registration fee includes a headband, guaranteed to the first 300 entrants
- Late registration fees-
- 5K- $20 per individual or $30 per couple
- 10K- $25 per individual or $40 per couple
Packet pickup and late registration will be held at the following times/locations:
Friday, February 8, 5-7 PM
4135 South Memorial Drive
Winterville, NC 28590
Saturday, February 9, 7:00- 8:30 AM
Elm Street Center
- A portion of your entry fees will benefit Special Olympics NC and the 38,000 individuals with intellectual disabilities that participate in year-round sports programming offered at no cost to the participant.
The 5K race will follow the same popular route as the last couple of years. It is a scenic course in the university area that even includes some slight hills!
The new 10K race will take runners through the same general areas as the 5K, but will include 2 new sections, one at the beginning and one near the middle of the route. It is a single-loop course and is NOT just doubling the 5K route!
To view course maps, use the link above.
Awards will be given to the top 3 individual finishers as well as the top 3 couples who finish together (registered as a couple) in both races.
Awards will also be given to the top 3 finishers in the following age groups (both male and female in both races): 15 & Under, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & Over.
Rule #1- Have a great time!
To ensure the safety of everyone, we ask that you leave the following at home: iPods and other music players, pets, skates, skateboards, bicycles, etc. Baby joggers are welcome and encouraged to participate!
If you have any other questions, contact Race Director James Orr- 252-902-9712 or email@example.com.